Wednesday 28 July 2010

Fat translator


I'm going to let you into one of my secret games. It's not really a game so much as a little notion that feels like a game when you 'play' it.

I'm feeling a little bit vulnerable about revealing this so I hope you'll be gentle with it.

It's called;

Ahem;

Translation into fat.

No, don't say that sounds weird, I haven't worked on it.

Probably because it sometimes feels bad, dirty even (the bad kind of dirty of course). I've tried to keep it a bit of a secret from the rest of my brain. That doesn't really make sense, but what I mean is, when I've played this game, I've gone to a little place inside. Then emerged fronting that I haven't really played it.


I just feel like the world isn't ready for it.

OK, what is it.

In case you haven't guessed-if you have or have played, you might be a bit bad too.

Basically.

Deep breath.

You think of anything that's occurring, a situation, especially anything that might concern, erm, personal responsibility in some way and notice how it's treated; how people react to it. Then you turn the subject into fat/fatness etc, and see how it sounds.


You can swap the other way too.

The next time someone says something about fat people or fatness, translate it into something else, of the kind mentioned. And mull it over.

So, you want an example right?

I'm afraid I can't. It's not safe.

That's it.

If that seems like a bit of an anti-climax.

Play it.

Go wild, and fat translate. Only remember, it's just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment